Saturday, May 28, 2011

Focus your lenses

I was playing with my boys recently and Mark asked me to help him with his binoculars "they do not work dad" he says. So I looked through them and adjusted the lenses so that the sight 100 yards away was clear. I then turned the binoculars toward him to look at him and he was blurry.

I use this story as an example of what many if not most days are like for us. We are constantly bombarded with inputs of what's going to happen tomorrow, life insurance advertisements, countdowns to x day, weekend plans on tues, summer vacation plans in December, will I have a job, can I pay my bills, how can I afford xyz, where will I work, can I keep up with trends of clothing, discussing where your kids will go to college when they are born, and I can go on and on because this is what i do. While these things seem important Christ tells us many times like in Mt 6:25-34 do not worry about what you will wear, what you will eat, He speaks of the birds in the sky parrable and goes on to say; "do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for its day is it's own evil"

We live life like looking through marks binoculars; focused on the things 100 yards away and the things right in front of us are blurred. We must pray everyday every hour if we have to for the Lords vision, and strength to see, really see what's right infront of us and see the things the Lord has blessed us with now. Tomorrow will come and present itself with a whole new set of challanges.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment